Learn the process to become a collegiate athlete! Hear expert guidance from championship coaches and NCAA Div. I athletes on navigating the complex process of becoming a collegiate athlete. They will outline the recruiting and admission process, provide insider tips and break down the facts and myths! Topics will also include the benefits of playing in college to sport-specific logistics of the admission process.
Special Guest Speaker: USC’s Dave Salo, Head Coach USC Men’s and Women’s Swim and Dive, will present his view of the NCAA recruiting process and how athletes can best position themselves for success.
The NCAA Recruiting Workshop is open to all members of the community, specifically designed for parents and students interested in learning the process for becoming a collegiate athlete.
• Mary McElroy – Mater Dei NCAA Coordinator and NCAA High School Advisory Group Member
• Tia Meza – Mater Dei Director of Athletics, Gatorade National Softball Player of the Year in 2000 and Head Softball Coach, 2013-2016
• Glen Miles – St. Margaret’s Head Coach Boys Lacrosse, US Lacrosse National Hall of Fame
• Kory Minor – St. Margaret’s Head Football Coach, University of Notre Dame Football and former NFL player with the San Francisco 49ers and Carolina Panthers
• Staciana Winfield – St. Margaret’s Swim and Dive Coach, University of California, Berkeley Swimming and USA Olympic Gold Medalist
Moderated by Patrick Bendzick, St. Margaret’s Athletics Director, Head Track and Field Coach, California State University, Long Beach Track and Field
To attend, please register below: