Parent Teacher Fellowship
To offer enrichment to the students, teachers, and the families of St. Margaret's Episcopal School through fundraising and the support of educational, physical, and spiritual needs. All Parent Teacher Fellowship activities are conducted in accordance with general policies adopted by the school.
The Parent Teacher Fellowship is a non-profit, volunteer organization providing support and fundraising to St. Margaret's Episcopal School. Membership consists of each parent of a child currently enrolled in the school and every faculty and staff member involved in the educational process of the school. Since 1979, our school community has volunteered their time, talent, and treasure to support our programs, events, and special activities. As a fellowship, we are proud of our strong sense of family community and our shared commitment to the school. The PTF seeks to strengthen pride in our school and to continue being advocates both within and outside the school community.
The PTF relies heavily on parent volunteer support for our many events and programs. As an organization our responsibilities consist of:
- Implementing the New Families Program with school host families
- Organizing the Welcome Back Coffee to introduce families to events and volunteer opportunities
- Working with volunteers to implement our Bulk Mailing Program
- Providing education to our parents and faculty with our Parent Education Program (PEP)
- Managing the Hot Lunch Program and serving grades 1 through 12
- Bringing unique Cultural Arts Programs to campus via the Arts Alliance and the performing, visual and literary arts via the Coffee House Cabaret
- Promoting the eScrip Program, our silent fundraiser, which brings additional funds to the school grants simply by registering your credit cards
- Hosting our Spring Fundraiser and Library Luncheon Fundraiser
- Providing all-school divisions with Parent School Coordinators working with Room Parents (preschool through grade 5) and Class Parents (grade 6 through 12)
- Planning friend-raisers such as Tartan Family Roundup BBQ, Tartan Faire, Book Fair, Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony and the Faculty/Staff Holiday Luncheon
- Supporting our athletic programs and athletes by way of our Booster Club and the Tartan Trot
The success of our activities depends on our volunteers. If you would like to participate in Parent Teacher Fellowship programs and events, please complete the PTF Volunteer Form and return it to the PTF Room located in the Ortega Business Center.
The Parent Teacher Fellowship Board consists of nineteen elected Executive Board members, eight elected School Coordinators (two parents for each school division), four appointed School Representatives (one from each school division), and approximately twenty-six elected Board Members who have specific board positions as described in the PTF Bylaws. The Nominating Committee slates the Board in early February for the upcoming school year. The PTF is always looking for enthusiastic members who are interested in supporting the school and our children.
Monthly PTF Meetings
The PTF Regular Monthly Meetings are held once a month on the third Thursday of each month from September through May, excluding the month of December. All meetings are open to the entire school community and start at 8:15 am in the Tartan Center located in the Pasternack Field House by the high school courtyard. Please be sure to check the PTF calendar as dates and times are subject to change.