The goal of the Human Resources Department is to support the mission, vision, goals and challenges of St. Margaret's by providing services which promote a work environment that is characterized by fair treatment of faculty and staff, open communications, personal accountability, trust and mutual respect. Recognizing that our faculty and staff are our most valuable asset, the Department will provide assistance in their career development to enhance professional growth within the organization. The Department will seek and provide solutions to workplace issues that support and optimize the operating principles of St. Margaret's, our students, and the community in which we serve.
As a strategic partner, working with and for the departments within St. Margaret's Episcopal School, the Human Resources Department will take a leadership role and provide service in support of the school's vision by supporting the concept that our employees are our most valuable resource and will be treated as such.
The Human Resources Department will act as a catalyst enabling all St. Margaret's employees to contribute at optimum levels toward the success of the educational process and the school.
The Human Resources Department will provide the following quality services to the employees of St. Margaret's:
- Ensure the HR Department has the tools, training and motivation to operate in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Recruit, retain and motivate the talent needed to fulfill organizational needs. Promoting and recruiting the best-qualified people recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the work place.
- Work in concert with the Board of Trustees and the Administration to provide a competitive salary and benefit package and developing the full potential of our work force by providing training and development for career enhancement.
- Inspire and encourage a high level of faculty and staff morale through recognition, effective communication and delivering constant feedback.
- Work to provide a work atmosphere that is safe, healthy and secure, and also conscious of long-term family and community goals.
- Establishing, administering and effectively communicating sound policies, rules and practices that treat employees with dignity and equality while maintaining company compliance with employment and labor laws and corporate (Board/Administrative) directives. Maintain an effective, supportive and legal working environment.
These services will be achieved via a teamwork philosophy that is inspired through effective organizational skills, proactive efforts, and maintaining a balance between professionalism and the ability to have fun!